The BIM Systems Manager is responsible for defining and agreeing requirements, configuring, implementing and administrating the Common Data Environment (CDE) and the systems connected to it. It is also responsible for the production and exchange of graphical and GIS information among the different project participants. The BIM Systems Manager is the final responsible for the production and use of graphical and GIS data in the project. As part of the Information Management team, the BIM Systems Manager will collaborate with the Information Management Team in the implementation of Information Management policies and procedures. The BIM Systems Manager reports to the Information Manager.
1 To define requirements for the configuration of ProjectWise graphical section and collaborate with the Document Control Manager (DCM) to define requirements for the documentation section.
2 To lead the implementation of the CDE following the configuration, carrying out testing and confirming readiness to operate.
3 To ensure that the CDE is fully compliant with BS1192:2007, HS2 requirements.
4 To administrate ProjectWise permissions, folder structure for all of the project participants.
5 To manage the exchange of information in coordination with the DCM between project participants including HS2.
6 To coordinate with the DCM for the configuration, testing, implementation and administration of documentation processes in ProjectWise.
7 To produce along with the DCM the Contractor’s CDE Procedure defining how the CDE shall be used by all the project parties for the production, use and exchange of data.
8 To maintain and further develop the CDE incorporating or developing new functions or tools able to improve project performance.
9 To manage the Model Production Delivery Table including the Supply Chain assets and monitor their progress and compliance.
10 To lead CAD/BIM and GIS teams and ensure that, the graphical data produced by and its Supply Chain is compliant with HS2 requirements.
11 To implement training Supply Chain for the production, use and exchange of graphical and GIS data.
12 To support the CAD/BIM Manager in producing CAD Specifications.
13 To ensure that the CAD/BIM and GIS teams are able support departments in the production and use of CAD/BIM and GIS data.
14 To support and advise the Information Management Team in the production and implementation of policies.
15 To work with the Information Management Team to improve the coordination, data exchange and usability of the software systems.
16 To ensure that the information activities are carried out in compliance with HS2 requirements.
17 To collaborate with and provide support to the departments in producing, using and exchanging data.
* Good communication skills (including presentation skills) in English, both written and verbal and the ability to report at both Project and Board level.
* Proficient in BS1192:2007 and PAS 1192:2.
* Understanding of PAS 1195-5, 6.
* In-depth understanding of construction processes.
* In-depth understanding of the CAD/BIM graphical production processes.
* In-depth understanding of rail projects.
* Good Understanding of GIS production.
Software proficiency in either:
* Projectwise v8i & Connect
* AECOsim SS6 & OpenBuildings (Connect)
* Revit administration 2018
* Microsoft Office – Word, Outlook, Excel, Project etc.
* GIS production software
* Configuration of ProjectWise
* Configuration of ICS Administrator Server
* Understanding of ProjectWise – Revit integration.
* Administration of Bentley Connect Client: Deliverables Manager and Issues Resolution.
* BIM 360 administration
* Revit administration
* Aconex or other EDMS platform
* Synchro – PRO
Qualifications, Certifications and Experience required
* Degree level or higher level or equivalent in a numerate discipline, typically an Engineering discipline. A lower educational level, typically HNC or HND may be acceptable where a very significant level of experience can be demonstrated.
* 3 year experience in civil projects.
* 3 year experience in implementing configuring and administrating information systems.
* 3 year experience in CAD/BIM production processes.
* Production of information management documentation
* Experience in defining information workflows
* Programming experience.
* CAD/BIM Manager
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website at anderselite.com/non-discrimination-policy
Do you work within the Facilities Management or maintenance sector and have a strong Commercial background? My client are a...Apply For This Job
Bricklayer required for block work on site in Avonmouth. 100mm block walls to be built up. Tools, PPE and CSCS...Apply For This Job
Assistant Estimator – £20k – £35k (depending on experience) + Car Allowance, Pension plus contributions, Private Health care – Based...Apply For This Job
We are currently recruiting for an Electrically biased Senior Maintenance Engineer/Technician to work on a large Healthcare site in Oxford...Apply For This Job
Senior Planner (Tier 1) Senior Planner required for a leading Tier 1 construction company based in the North West. They’re...Apply For This Job