Due to continued expansion and growth, our client, a well known construction company operating within the Railway and civil engineering sectors is seeking to employ a Bid Manager to be based from their West Yorkshire office,
As the Bis Manager you will ensure that due process is followed on all frameworks and invitations to tender (work mostly consists of railway civil engineering and build works).
You will coordinate the tender preparation documents submitted by other departments, making sure that they address the clients requirements as such previous experience in the preparation of commercial documents and technical information is required.
Other responsibilities will include :
Manage, train and provide support to the estimating team, carry out regular job chats, PDR’s and help develop staff
* Ensure all tender correspondence is recorded and logged
* Review contents of tender documentation and provide feasibility advice
* Co-ordinate the tender preparation documents submitted by other departments, ensuring that they adequately address
the client’s requirements
* Ensure ‘estimates for work’ take adequate account of applicable legislation and recognised industry standards on health,
safety, quality and environment
* Prepare all necessary information on the technical and commercial aspects for submission. Identify potential opportunity
/ risk and evaluate options
* Prepare bills of quantities / schedule of rates for tender applications and first principle estimates
* Prepare and submit tender queries / clarifications
* Prepare and submit subcontract enquiries in line with company processes
* Review subcontract tender submissions for compliance and inclusion into the estimate
* Monitor contract compliance against statutory requirements
* Prepare tender programme & methodology in conjunction with delivery teams
* Prepare and submit tender cash flow forecasting as required
* Review tender feedback to increase our success rates
Candidates will have previous experience of working as a Bid Manager with some of this experience being gained within the rail industry and ideally with a qualification in a related engineering/construction subject.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.
We are currently seeking a SSOW/Possession Planner to join our clients existing planning team based in their South Yorkshire Railway...Apply For This Job
Due to the commencement of a major rail project in the North of England, our client, a major contractor is...Apply For This Job
Due to the continued growth and development of various framework contracts, our client, a leading construction company within the region...Apply For This Job
We are seeking a Quantity Surveyor/Senior QS to work on a freelance basis (3 months with a possible extension) for...Apply For This Job
We are currently seeking a Project Manager/CRE to work for our client, a rail construction company undertaking civil engineering works...Apply For This Job