I am recruiting for an Assistant Quantity Surveyor or Quantity Surveyor to join a leading contractor in its field. The position is based near Cardiff and will involve working as an Assistant QS on a long term maintenance framework contract.
Specific duties in this position include:
* Measurement and commercial management of schemes within your portfolio (multiple low value schemes)
* Contribute to the management and maintenance of a contract cost reporting system, ensuring all financial information is managed and up-to-date and tracked with budget/tender allowances, commitments and deviations highlighted and managed
* Ensure that necessary interface information between customer, subcontractors and other departments is provided in a timely manner
* Ensure contract variations are identified, valued and turned into agreed variation orders with the customer in a timely manner
* Ensure that subcontracts are placed in an appropriate manner to step down appropriate responsibilities from the Main Contract
* Take an active role in assisting the Project Management team members in arranging and undertaking project reviews and issue of associated reports
* Provide accurate monthly reporting of cost and value on the project(s) in line with the Company’s reporting process
To be considered for this position you should have prior experience in Quantity Surveying and ideally hold a relevant degree or HNC/HND or equivalent. You should have a sound knowledge of construction processes including plant, labour and materials requirements as well as an understanding of methods of measurement.
Salary and package available for this position is in the region of £25000 to £30000 per annum with company car and pension also included.
Please apply with your up to date CV for immediate consideration.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website at anderselite .com /non-discrimination-policy