Manchester. Barclays Digital. Where the best talent in the world can build careers full of scope, variety and reward, by creating the technical solutions that meet today’s demands, answer tomorrow’s questions and redefine the future of finance.
Do you like developing innovative products that will enhance customer journeys through mobile?
So do we.
Due to the market leading success of our mobile channel including industry leading products such as Pingit and our range of online Banking Apps, Barclays are seeking skilled developers to join our rapidly growing iOS/Android Development team.
So dust off that Android SDK, hit up some Swift and show us your best Objective C, because we love mobile and want our customers to love it even more.
These roles will be based from our Digital Satellite Office in Manchester City Centre.
* You will work within our existing team working on end to end system designs and development across mobile applications including Pingit, and Barclays Mobile banking.
* This will involve both business as usual projects and exciting R&D/Innovation initiatives using Java, Swift and Objective C across both Android and iOS platforms.
* You won’t be alone, you’ll be working collaboratively with a like minded team of Solution architects, UI/UX designers, and fellow developers in an environment dedicated to absolutely smashing the mobile banking market.
* Working as a mobile developer within Android or iOS
* Open to a changing environment and supporting others within the mobile platform
* Working in an E2E development environment to produce the best code possible
* iOS or Android application development with;
* Java, Objective C, Swift or similar
* Exposure to continuous deployment eg Gradle or Jenkins
* Ability to test own code and perform unit testing
* Demonstrable experience of working in an agile team following Scrum methods
* Proven track record working to modern development methods such as TDD or BDD
* Ability to assist in the technical roadmap and architecture of Barclays mobile solutions
* Additional skills in languages including C, C++, Scala, Kotlin, Python or Ruby
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US. Our goal is to become the bank of choice by providing superior services to customers and clients and supporting our stakeholders via a commercially successful business that generates long-term sustainable returns.
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards.
To be considered for this role, click on the apply button now.
Barclays Values & Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.